Yes, you should definitively moisturize before getting a spray tan—but not too close to your appointment! Lotions, creams, perfumes, and even deodorants can affect how your tan adheres to your skin. Head to your appointment with clean, bare skin.
How do you prepare your face for a spray tan?
AT LEAST 24 HOURS BEFORE YOUR SUNLESS TAN:
- Exfoliate. Exfoliate. …
- Protect your skin’s PH levels. Avoid using bar soaps, high ph shower products, or in shower moisturizers. …
- Hair removal. Avoid shaving, waxing, or use of depilatory creams for at least 24 hours prior to your session.
- Don’t create sunless barriers.
What happens if you moisturise before fake tan?
Moisturize just before tanning
Apply it over your whole body before tanning, focusing particularly on dry areas. This will prevent the skin from absorbing excess tan and looking patchy, instead giving you a gorgeous, radiant glow.
When can you moisturize after spray tan?
When Should You Moisturize After a Spray Tan? Because the tanning solution takes a little while to develop, you shouldn’t start moisturizing until after your first shower, which should be at least eight hours after your tan but no more than 24 hours later.
Do and don’ts of spray tan?
SPRAY TAN DOs & DON’Ts
- DO shower, exfoliate and shave.
- DO use moisturizers and lotions specially formulated exclusively for spray tanning.
- DO wear loose-fitting, dark clothing and flip-flops or sandals to avoid rub-off.
- DON’T wear makeup, deodorants or perfumes. They can create a barrier for absorption.
Should you moisturise your face before fake tanning?
How long after moisturising can I fake tan? For an even tan, you should keep skin moisturised and nourished. However, it’s very important to moisturise at least 24 hours before applying your chosen tanning lotion, as the moisturiser acts as a barrier, preventing the tanning formula from accessing the skin.
Can I put moisturizer on before self tanner?
Moisturize Your Skin Before Applying Sunless Tanner
But, avoid moisturizing your skin immediately before applying sunless tanner. Doing so can cause your tanning lotion to go on unevenly. Instead, use a moisturizing self tanner to nourish your skin while adding natural-looking color.
Can you put fake tan in moisturiser?
Moisturiser will also help create a smooth and even surface to apply tan on, as well as helping to prolong the tan. It’s equally as important to moisturise after applying tan, but it’s best to use a non oil-based moisturiser, as the oil will break up the cells holding the colour.
Should you spray tan your face?
Don’t get a facial.
If you’re having a total TLC day, choose whether you want to have a facial or a spray tan—just don’t have both. “Facials should be avoided right before a spray tan because the tanner will go into the open pores on the skin and create blackhead-looking spots on the skin,” says Suszczynska.
Where do you apply lotion before a spray tan?
4. However, it is okay to put a small amount of lotion on your elbows, palms, knuckles, and knee caps. These are extremely dry places on your skin and will absorb more of the tan then the rest of your skin making those areas darker.
Should you shower before spray tan?
But do take a shower.
You should always keep your skin sweat-free before a spray tan. “If you work out before your tan, I recommend showering and washing your face as sweat can sit on the skin and therefore stop the tan from absorbing evenly,” says Von Hep.
When can I wash my face after a spray tan?
Putting makeup on after your spray tan is okay, however you CANNOT wash your face until your initial shower. There is a bronzer in the solution, which means that you will have some color immediately after you are sprayed. The color will continue to darken as the solution develops.
What should I do immediately after a spray tan?
Spray Tan Aftercare: 24 Hours After Your Tan
- WEAR LOOSE-FITTING CLOTHING. After your tan, you should wear loose-fitting clothing so your tan doesn’t rub off or look uneven. …
- GO COMMANDO. …
- STAY DRY. …
- WAIT TO SHOWER. …
- MOISTURIZE AFTER THE SHOWER. …
- AVOID MAKEUP.
Should I sleep in spray tan?
Can I Sleep in my spray tan? A. Yes you can sleep in your spray tan, it is VERY IMPORTANT that you wear long pajama pants and a long sleeved loose fitting shirt. If you don’t cover your skin when you sleep you run the risk of touching your body with your hands while you sleep, and it may rub off and smudge.